SAIC is seeking a Security Engineering Senior IDP/IPS Engineer . This position will report to the Cyber Security Engineering / Architecture Senior Manager. This role is a key business enabler to provide information security risk analysis and strategic recommendations for the ongoing improvement of Information Security within the organization. The candidate should have deep security, data and operational experience. This position will support various IT related efforts and will help plan configure and maintain Cyber related toolsets as well as help design and plan security controls for enterprise system. This position will participate in designing, testing, and implementing secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications
The Security Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering guidance and deliverables for network Intrusion Detection and Prevention Tools (IDS/IPS). Other responsibilities include:
- Provide recommendations to operations on what features to enable and how to use them.
- Integrate both network and point security products with other security solutions such as vulnerability
management tools, log management tools, and authentication systems.
- Respond to problem (architecture and design level) tickets associated with assigned security tools in a testing
- Ensure that security management solutions are sending proper data to security intelligence systems such as log
aggregators and the SIEM solution; further ensure that proper correlation and analysis of events is taking place.
- Provide project-based engineering and on-going enhancement engineering support for security tools.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) on IDS/IPS vendor technologies.
- Participate in investigations and provide subject matter expertise in areas of intrusion detection and prevention.
- Provide as mentor to operations in executing relevant tasks that enhance intrusion detection and prevention controls.
Engineer in this area to lead engineering aspects of the Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDS/IPS) services. Engineer will be responsible for continual engineering tasks for core technologies related to this program and service delivery management tasks ensuring the tools are being used as expected and dealing with problem tickets for complicated issues.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
High School and thirteen (13) years or more of related experience. Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more related experience; PhD and four (4) years experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability