Job ID: 1925809
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the US Air Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and space-based environmental monitoring (SBEM). These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure safe passage. Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer to lead development of our system interfaces. Candidate will lead, develop and manage a wide range of Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and Data Definition Documents (DDDs) to support Space and Missile Systems Center’s (SMC) SBEM and MW mission area architectures. Candidate will have or establish familiarity with a suite of systems engineering tools to support interface development, requirements traceability, architecture analysis, configuration management and engineering reviews using Agile practices in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment. Candidate should have experience with various phases of the systems engineering lifecycle that include architecture, operational concepts, requirements and interface development activities for space and ground systems. Major duties of the position include:
· Leading Interface Control Working Groups (ICWGs).
· Evaluating current systems and future needs to define ICD and DDD content.
· Using MBSE tools (i.e. Sparx EA) to input and generate ICD and DDD documents.
· Evaluating and refining technical requirements to accurately state interface capabilities.
· Evaluating and refining DoDAF views to accurately incorporate interface definitions.
· Evaluating and refining CONOPS/OPSCONs to ensure alignment with interface requirements.
· Conducting formal reviews of interface documents and incorporating feedback.
· Controlling, baselining and managing interfaces in accordance with CM/DM Processes.
· Using DI2E to implement Agile practices and participate in Agile development activities.
· Supporting Modeling & Simulation activities, performing trade analysis and presenting recommendations.
· Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
· Master’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with 12+ Years of demonstrated systems engineering experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD or NRO programs with a proven delivery record, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with 14+ Years of demonstrated experience.
· 12+ Years of experience with analyzing and developing complex system architectures, with a focus on developing system interfaces and interface design documents.
· Strong understanding of systems engineering fundamentals and the lifecycle development process.
· Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
· Experience working with tools, such as, DOORS, Sparx Enterprise Architect, Active Risk Manager, or other similar systems engineering tools.
· Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
· Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and works well in a team environment.
· OPIR or SBEM Mission experience is highly desirable.
· Experience with Sparx EA and/or DOORS tool
· Active TS/SCI clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability