Sr. Software Engineer (Modeling & Simulation)
Job ID: 1925687
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 17, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Modeling/Sim Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Job Summary: We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, AL. In this role you will be part of a successful team that develops and supports the world’s most advanced high-fidelity UH-60 Black Hawk trainers and simulators.
- Research, design, develop, implement, test, and evaluate software and systems that interface with tactical military systems.
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to produce the required simulated system software.
- Collaborate with software team members, and provide direct interaction with the end customer (such as technical exchanges, presentations, and site-support).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree and 5 years related experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Experience using an object-oriented language (C# preferred); experience developing application with C#, C++ or Java programming languages
- Knowledge of advanced programming methodology and techniques, including thread synchronization, multi-threading, and multi-processing
- Proficient in applying design patterns to solve design issues
- Developing M&S training aviation software
- Experience delivering multiple projects using a full software development life cycle (i.e. Agile, Spiral, Waterfall, …)
- Must be open to some travel (domestic and international)
Desired Qualifications DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- C#, .NET, and Visual Studio IDE
- Knowledge in the following digital data protocols: Ethernet (IEEE 802.3), TCP/IP, UDP, MIL-STD-1553B, ARINC-429, DIS
- Simulation Software Experience
- 1 or more years developing using GL Studio or similar product
- Experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Demonstrated success developing hardware/software interface applications
- 1 or more years developing Microsoft WPF Applications
- 1 or more years development experience creating high-fidelity, fully immersive trainers/simulators or equivalent gaming development
- The candidate should be self-motivated.
- A willingness to work and learn in a fast-paced environment as part of a dynamic and growing team is also a key to success.
- Additionally, the candidate should be both experienced in all facets of software development and familiar with software engineering tools and practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to excel working in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with co-workers
- Willingness to work in a highly motivated team
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability