SAIC is seeking an experienced Program Manager for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office to oversee a full range of program management and technical support services for the Policy, Plans, and Analysis Directorate to enhance the nation’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction and support operational partners in closing capability gaps along adversary pathways..
The Program Manager will manage day-to-day-project operations and ensure project schedules are executed on time and on budget. He/she ensures that personnel resources are adequately trained and properly aligned to project tasking. Responsible for cost accounting to ensure that all contractor resources are executing project schedules within assigned budgets. Responsible for invoicing in accordance within contract guidelines established by the Contracting Officer. Supervises all contractor staff including all prime and subcontractor personnel to ensure resolution of issues.
The Program Manager is responsible for all work performed on this contract. The Program Manager shall be a single point of contact for the Contracting Officer and the COR and act for the Contractor on all matters relating to work performed under this contract.
The Program Manager will:
• Develop and maintain the overall program plans, and support project plans utilizing MS Project.
• Assist the Government with the formulation of concepts and development of strategic, tactical, and operational plans for key program activities.
• Provide support to the Government with the development of evaluation criteria and metrics for program evaluations. Assist with calculating program performance metrics. Support program review activities which include program progress, status, and risk analysis. Support all phases of the budget/execution/acquisition life cycle as related to a program, which include: analysis, development, requirements description, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), acquisition planning, program life cycle cost estimates, and financial execution.
• Provide assistance to CWMD, as related to mission needs, with all phases of Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE).
• Assist CWMD with the creation of internal and external customer presentations.
• Assist the program with the identification of key communication activities relating to program and project milestones. Assist CWMD with communications with top-level managers in DHS, high-ranking officials in other federal agencies, and various governing boards/committees.
Bachelors Degree and 10+ years of experience.
• Ability to obtain DHS Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas related to CBRN (chemical, biological, radiation/nuclear:
o Biosurveilance analysis, including knowledge of NBIC (National Biosurveillance Information Center)
o Detection investigation
o Threat warning and illumination
o Targeting support
o Operational integration
Experience with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) CWMD Office, DHS HQ and DHS operational components desirable.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Knowledge and understanding of MS Project
Knowledge and understanding of EVMS
Experience with PPBES – Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution System Support
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability