Job ID: 1925598
Location: NORFOLK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is looking for an IT Systems Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance. Responsibilities include assisting with task completion on Programs of Record (POR) within the Program Executive Office; Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I) and Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC). This challenging position is responsible for assisting with IT engineering, integration, programmatic, and architecture development functions for PORs and projects in a dynamic and professional work setting.
· Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
· Conduct IT engineering and integration activities based on sound IT engineering and integration practices
· Elicit and refine customer requirements
· Map IT system integration models and architectures.
· Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
· Performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components.
· Activities include creating a problem statement, defining operational requirements including integration with other systems or components, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigation alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis.
· Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specification.
Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power & cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
IAT II certification (Security+ and an OS certification - Windows or Linux).
Experience with system administrator functions (backups, IAVA, remote system updating, account configuration, network troubleshooting).
Understanding of Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I), NAVWAR and NIWC.
Certification or experience with Linux OS.
Knowledge with Fortigate firewalls and Splunk.
Familiarity with National Security Agency networks and protocols.
Office applications to produce presentations, training materials, documents, and schedules.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability