This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1925593
Location: RICHMOND, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Metrics and Data
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Metrics and Data Team Manager to join our MSI team supporting the Commonwealth of Virginia (COV).
• The Metrics and Data Team Manager provides expertise on continuous process improvement strategies, change management projects, and performance measures.
• The Metrics and Data Team Manager will analyze existing IT service delivery business processes to determine current states, define desired future states, and perform gap analyzes.
• This work includes planning and implementing process improvements via change management and transition planning, and measuring service performance.
• The work may include performing cost/benefit analyzes.
• Service Management processes will be designed to meet or exceed standards contained in ISO/IEC 20000.
• Quality Management processes will be designed to meet or exceed standards contained in ISO 9001. In addition, ITIL best practices for IT Service Management will be applied.
• The Metrics and Data Team Manager will work closely with our Senior IT Systems Integration Analyst to determine functional requirements associated with the concurrent implementation of new technologies and business processes.
The Metrics and Data Team Manager will:
• Solve Complex Problems. Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Have Freedom to Act. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Impact Team Success. Be a team player who contributes directly to the accomplishment of program objectives and goals.
• Be a Liaison. Engage in frequent inter- organizational contacts. Represent the program by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. The Metrics and Data Team Manager will receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
• IT Service Management Knowledge. Academic knowledge and practical expertise, coupled with knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Service Management. ISO/IEC 20000
• Quality Management. ISO 9001
• IT Service Management Best Practice.
Education / Certifications / Other
• Required: Bachelor’s degree and ten (10) or more years of related experience, Masters degree and eight (8) years or more of experience or PhD and five (5) years of related experience.May consider a High school education and an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
• Continual Learning. Past continual learning, via completion or course work or attainment of credentials and certifications, is preferred.
• ITIL Certification. Candidates who have completed ITIL v3 2011 Foundation or above are preferred.
• Location. Work will be performed in Richmond, VA.
• Data Compilation. The ability to compile data from disparate systems/sources into a structured database, and define relationships between tables and fields; to include eliminating redundancies and inconsistent dependencies.
• Analysis. The ability to apply probability and statistics to analyze compiled data and create information for decision-making is preferred.
• Verbal. Confident and able but non- confrontational, articulate but not wordy, equally comfortable leading and following, and as eager to listen as to contribute.
• Written. Must be able to produce grammatically correct, concise, informative, and visually appealing written products. Software Experience
• Productivity Software. MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook Calendar, Project, Internet Explorer, and Access), and Adobe Reader, MS SharePoint
• Data Query Software. MS SQL and the ability to develop and use SQL queries to access and compile data contained in relational databases.
• Analysis Software. Comprehensive knowledge of how to apply Excel functions during the course of data analysis. Candidates who have the ability to use Mathematica are of great interest.
• Collaboration Software. Candidates who have the ability to use SharePoint Designer are desired.
Security Clearance Requirement
• US Citizen. Must be able to pass a Commonwealth of Virginia background check.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability