Manufacturing SME/Systems Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1925611
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
is seeking a Manufacturing SME to be an advocate for improving
Manufacturing innovation for the Department of Defense (DoD) to support and
assess Acquisition Category (ACAT) ID Major Defense Acquisition Programs
(MDAPs) and other special interest programs.
- Using knowledge of weapons systems acquisition, the candidate will
participate in Independent Technical Risk Assessments; Nunn-McCurdy
Congressional Investigations; System Engineering Technical Reviews
including specific manufacturing focused reviews, such as Production
- Provide manufacturing expertise to support Department of Defense
- Establish, maintain, and improve knowledge of manufacturing
technologies, capabilities, and competencies; support manufacturing
assessments, review proposals, and make recommendations to assist
selection authorities with contract awards.
- Support the understanding of manufacturing and quality activities
throughout the entire acquisition lifecycle from Pre-MDD through Operations
and Support. Provide specific support during the Engineering and
Manufacturing Development (EMD) Phase to include: complete the detailed build-to design of
the system; establish the product baseline; conduct integration and test
of system elements and the system (where feasible); demonstrate system
maturity and readiness to begin production for operational test and/or
deployment and sustainment activities.
- Conduct activities in support of the EMD contract award.
- Resource and conduct event-driven CDR, FCA, SVR, and PRR including
assessing whether review criteria are met.
- Establish the initial product baseline Integrated Product Team
(IPT) at the CDR and manage that IPT.
- Determine path forward on all major (Class I) baseline changes.
- Assist Defense Acquisition Boards (DABs) with making critical
decisions regarding how to proceed with these programs based on their
status at major acquisition milestones. Attend IIPTs, OIPTs, and other
- Identify programmatic and technical risk and provide actionable
recommendations with the objective of triaging programs to stabilize them
and then support them until success.
- Efficiently and effectively manage the performance of the
Manufacturing assessment team and outcomes; perform necessary technical,
business, and administrative planning including organizing, managing, coordinating,
tracking (e.g., cost, schedule, deliverables), and performance management
to achieve project goals.
- Provide technical expertise and support of manufacturing as a key
member of customer’s review team. Interpret client manufacturing needs and
- Assist with developing DoD systems engineering guidance as it
relates to manufacturing of MDAPs.
- Advise and support customer leadership on the formulation and
coordination of DoD manufacturing policies, standards, and activities to
implement the DoD’s chartered responsibilities for enabling DoD systems
- Provide liaison between the research and development department and
DoD client to ensure manufacturing engineering is at the forefront of
- Maintain currency on developing
trends in the manufacturing industry at a national and international level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Production Management, Industrial Management,
or Manufacturing Engineering
- At least 15 years of experience in Manufacturing
- 5 years of experience working in the Defense Acquisition Community
as a Military Officer/Government Civilian/or Contractor
- Applicants selected for this position will require an active/interim
DoD Top Secret/Secret clearance, background screening and the ability to
obtain a SCI. Applicants will be subject to a security investigation and
must meet eligibility requirement for access to classified information.
- Manufacturing and Quality Certification (i.e., DAWIA or industry
- Strong background and capability in pre-Millstone A manufacturing
activities; familiarity with the DoD 5000 series, to include the Defense
Acquisition Guide (DAG)
- Demonstrated experience in planning, briefing, and coordinating
senior-level technical reviews, panels, or similar meetings with diverse
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of DoD and industry manufacturing
and quality legal requirements (i.e., law), policy, guidance, standards,
knowledge in manufacturing and quality best practices, DoD manufacturing
technologies program, and manufacturing level readiness/assessments.
- Certified manufacturing or materials engineer
- Post-graduate in engineering discipline
- Prior OSD/PEO staff-level experience
- Ability to work and effectively communicate at the Government Service (GS) 15 grade and Senior Executive Service (SES) levels as a key member of a joint Government/Contractor team
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability