Job ID: 1925393
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Data Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has a rewarding position supporting the NASA Safety and Mission Assurance Engineering Contract (SMAEC II) open at the Johnson Space Center in Houston helping to continue our exploration of space. Come join our team and help us continue the mission of space exploration.
- Interact effectively with all levels of personnel and management. Candidate will work directly with top level NASA management and must have the ability to communicate professionally.
- In direct support of the Knowledge Management Office (KMO) at JSC, the candidate will serve as a solutions developer utilizing a wide range of analytical and visualization tools to provide supporting organizations with in-depth analysis and representations of their data that effectively communicates with informative visualization.
- The candidate will provide design and advice on the development of technological solutions for the KMO, which will include the development of a roadmap to address the use and implementation of technology within the KMO.
- The candidate will support the development of a visualization framework to address the analysis and presentation of heterogeneous data sources.
- The candidate must have experience in data analysis and interpretation of statistical models and have a willingness to learn new technologies to store and visualize data.
- The candidate will work with new methodologies and applications to transform both structured and unstructured data into usable knowledge.
- The candidate will also support the capture and creation of short videos for instructional and knowledge-sharing activities.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and 5- 10 years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
- Experience with enterprise search, web-crawling, optimizing content for semantic search, or basic knowledge of search engine optimization practices.
- Experience in the development or maintenance of industry specific taxonomies, ontologies, dictionaries
- Statistical programming using R or Python with emphasis on text mining, and extracting insights from unstructured data
- Basic knowledge in web applications or web development.
- Data visualization tools and libraries example list, i.e. D3.js; rCharts; Matplotlib; ggplot2; Plotly; and Pandas
- Experience using a deep learning framework such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Sonnet, Keras, or MXNet
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability