Job ID: 1925510
Location: HAMPTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Specialty Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has an opportunity for a Special Access Programs/ Science & Technology Lead to support Headquarters Air Combat Command’s (HQ ACC) A5/8Z Advanced Programs Division. The successful applicant will steer development of advanced Science and Technology (S&T) programs to transition into the Combat Air Forces (CAF). You will coordinate across MAJCOMs to integrate resource priorities across the Special Access Program (SAP) portfolio to shape CAF programming strategy to ensure warfighter future requirements are met.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Act as a senior technical advisor to ACC/A5/8Z supporting program management, requirements definition, technical, and analytical support
· Provide operational, technical, and analytical assistance to document JCIDS and other MAJCOM and Special Access Requirements
· Regularly interface with OSD, Joint Staff, Air Staff, MAJCOMs, NAFs, AF TENCAP, FFRDCs, and other Government organizations when performing duties associated with ACC/A5/8Z.
· Provide advice and assistance to leadership in the areas of mission needs and requirements analysis, concept of operations development, program tradeoff analysis, program roadmap creation including technology insertion, platform integration, and support planning
· Recommend policy changes and support the communication of policy changes
· Assist in the drafting, review and implementation of procedures, policy, systems capability definition and requirement documents, and guidance for incorporation into CAF operations
· Provide security/indoc briefing to personnel
· Plan, coordinate, and attend ACC/A5/8Z official functions and conferences – approximately thirty (30) per year
· Represent ACC/A5/8Z at CAF requirements meeting and other SAP planning meetings
· Position requires up to 30% travel to CONUS, Alaska, and Hawaii areas, OCONUS travel possible
Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts. Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
IMPACT: Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically results in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect image of organization's technological capability.
LIASON: Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
· Must possess a Master’s degree with 12 years’ experience in ACC 5th Generation (5th Gen) fighter operations, Air Force 5th Gen flight test engineering experience, or S&T Engineering
· Previous rated experience in an ACC fighter aircraft with a minimum of 5 years Instructor Pilot/Instructor Weapons System Officer or flight test engineer with advanced program test execution experience
· Three (3) years MAJCOM staff, or equivalent experience. (Above Wing level or sister service equivalent)
· Ten (10) years of SAP experience required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability