This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1925430
Location: ALBUQUERQUE, NM, United States
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer for the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. This position is to support the Space and Missile Systems Center Advanced Systems & Development Directorate (SMC/ AD) to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers. The position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
Key responsibilities are:
• Leverages multi-disciplinary technical knowledge to support technical planning, system specification, design, integration, verification and validation.
• Performs studies and analyses to evaluate alternatives affecting cost, risk, system supportability and full life cycle issues (concept, design, test, installation, operations, maintenance, and decommission.
• Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & ops. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA).
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
• Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
• Perform trade studies and advise the Government by providing system engineering expertise for deriving requirements, strategic investment strategies, service level management oversight, and other engineering modalities.
• Responsible for analyzing requirements for a new or change in IT Service (Service Design) including a Service Level Requirement, Project Requirement or the required Deliverables for a Process.
• Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance
• B.S. degree in Engineering or Computer Science and a minimum of 14+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• Strong background in Microsoft Office Product Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
• Work independently as well as in a team environment
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented
• Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management
• Contribute to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make recommendations
• Ability to provide high level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
• Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability