This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1925419
Location: ALBUQUERQUE, NM, United States
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer for the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. This position is to support the Space and Missile Systems Center Advanced Systems & Development Directorate (SMC/ AD) to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers. The position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
Key responsibilities are:
• Apply software engineering principles to design software specifications for Service Oriented Architecture objects and applications.
• Assist in analysis of functional business requirements.
• Conceptualize, develop, and implement a wide variety of program designs.
• Perform software integration
• May recommend modifications or improvements to new or existing applications.
• Test, debug, and refine software to meet customer requirements.
• Prepare required documentation for both program management and end-users.
• Assist in developing software standards, measuring performance, and identifying opportunities to improve the team’s capabilities for future efforts.
• Provide technical advice on programming applications and consult with customers and management to define problems and clarify requirements.
• Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Related field, plus 5 years of experience.
• Strong software development and integration background with experience in the entire systems development life cycle (SDLC) process
• Strong background in Microsoft Office Product Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
• Work independently as well as in a team environment
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented
• Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management
• Contributes to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make recommendations
• Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability