The Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) program provides policy, guidance, and training to program and project managers, senior management, and other stakeholders to ensure IT initiatives are being selected and implemented such that they provide the greatest return in support of agency mission. This includes maintaining up-to-date records within the governance process, track the health of all IT initiatives, and overall monitoring and preparation of budget activities as mandated by OMB.
The processes associated with the policy need to be supported including TechStat and other governance meeting support, and the policy periodically updated to reflect current practices. the CPIC program also provides business unites and process stakeholders with an improved customer experience which involves the evaluation of current processes, documentation of lessons learned, and recommendation for potential process improvements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and update CPIC policy and the associated processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) required for implementation.
- Support the implementation and management of the agency's IT governance process, which includes maintaining accurate and readily available information of agency's IT investments and initiatives. Additionally, reviewing, editing, and maintaining CPIC work products such as business needs, business cases, tailoring plans, operational analysis, decision memorandum documentation.
- Attending and documenting various governance and investment meetings.
- Assist in updating agency's IT portfolio and associated data collection and submission requirements. This includes annual IT Budget submissions (Agency IT Portfolio Summary, Major IT Business Cases, Standard Investment Reports.
- Help maintain eCPIC for tracking internal processes, budget submissions, monthly reporting to the IT Dashboard, and maintenance of accurate master system list.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, engineering, or business related majors and 10 years of experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Capable of developing strong relationships with the different stakeholders
- Ability to lead client meetings and presenting presentation when needed.
- Proven ability to adhere to project timelines under pressure
- Excellent written and communication skills. Good command of English for writing policy and SOPs
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Ability to pass a background check and obtain a public trust clearance
- 5 years of experience providing IT portfolio management and CPIC support
- Experience using eCPIC
- Management consulting background
- Knowledge of OMB's Circular A-11 and annual budgeting processes
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability