The SAIC Contracts Team manages the contracting process from development of contracting strategies through execution of agreements. This Senior Contracts Professional should have deep federal and commercial marketplace expertise, and will serve as a strategic thought partner to key stakeholders across SAIC. The successful candidate will be a role model for the contracts team, consistently raising the bar for high standards of contract execution.
The position requires extensive knowledge of and experience in the federal, state and local, and commercial contracts fields. Specific experience with the Department of State is preferable.
Primarily accountable for consistently and effectively:
· Utilizing depth and breadth of contracting and negotiation knowledge to develop and communicate acquisition, proposal development and contract execution strategies which could span multiple customers and markets.
· Designing and implementing negotiation strategies for the terms and conditions in managed services contracts.
· Developing relationships and strategies to optimize SAIC's interests and mitigate business and financial risk.
· Influencing and educating various internal business partners on contracting strategies, marketplace dynamics, and customer insights.
· Sharing perspectives and insights to elevate team thinking and drive a balanced, holistic point of view, effectively weighing and communicating trade-off considerations.
This hands on and influential role offers the unique chance to creatively shape and lead the delivery of professional contract management services in one of our most strategic accounts using and deploying Contract Management practices.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies critical to this role:
· Organizational agility and interpersonal skills - Builds and maintains partnerships within and outside one's functional team as well as external to the company
· Strategic agility - Links responsibilities with the mission of the organization; focuses on activities that add the most value
· Decision making - Thinks through problems clearly and logically; is decisive
· Technical and business expertise - Applies emerging knowledge and trends; builds strong relationships; contributes to expertise within and beyond assigned area
· Communication - Listens well; expresses ideas fluently and logically; is open to input and can be depended on for truthfulness
· Teamwork and collaboration - Creates an atmosphere of openness and trust; collaborates; offers support and encouragement
· Achieving results - Is goal-directed and persistent; is accountable for meeting commitments; recognizes the contributions of peers
· Innovation and Creativity - Breaks down traditional barriers to find creative solutions; the ability to think outside the box to develop new ways of contracting and partnering with customers
· Bachelor's Degree is required. MBA or other related Graduate-level degree is preferred
· +10 years of experience in contract administration. +5 years commercial background in Information technology outsourcing business (e.g. Managed Services).
· Demonstrated ability to collaboratively work and communicate with internal and external customers for mutually beneficial outcomes.
Minimum Required skills & Abilities
· Contract & Commercial background in Information Technology Outsourcing business (e.g. Managed Services, ITO) with expertise in proactive contract management
· Strong commercial acumen
· Assertive, proactive, hands-on, persuasive
· Business focus, solution and problem solving oriented, and ability to assess contractual topics in ways to improve contracts' productivity
· Strong written correspondence skills
· Ability to synthesize complex legal & contractual topics and communicate to internal (or external) collaborators with different backgrounds and disciplines
· Experience in contract risk management and negotiations
· Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook)
· Ability to forge and maintain good relationships both internally and with the customer and able to work well as part of a team but also independently
· Deliver on commitments: be reliable, highly organized and structured, risk sensitive, agile and creative.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to handle a fluctuating workload and multiple priorities.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability