Job ID: 1925217
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 12, 2019
Category: Business Development
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
SAIC is seeking a Manager of Proposal Coordination to lead our team of 10 proposal coordinators in the corporate Proposal Development Center. The position will be located in in Reston, VA and will report directly to the Vice President, Proposal Development. The successful candidate will serve as a working coordinator while also overseeing coordination resources distributed across the U.S. on a full range of large, complex proposals through small- to medium-sized proposals. The responsibility includes dynamically managing the assignments of coordination staff in close coordination with the assigned proposal team. Occasional, short-term travel may be required.
Description of Duties:
· Attracts, retains, and develops a proactive, high-quality pool of in-house coordination staff by selecting, training, organizing, and developing a quality team. Specifically, sets clear goals and objectives, monitors performance, provides frequent high-quality feedback, and supports individual and team growth/development goals.
· As a working manager, performs routine coordination duties in support of his/her proposal teams.
· Makes resource assignments for internal staff and outside consultants to dynamic pipeline of opportunities. Works collaboratively with Center leadership team and proposal teams to optimize application of resources.
· Develops an agile coordination team, including defining, implementing, refining, and continuously improving our execution based on best practices and lessons learned.
· Institutionalizes the proposal development process and provides for metrics based dialog that ensures superior proposals and focus on continuous improvement.
· Minimum of high school degree, 5-7 years of experience in a defined proposal-related role, and 3 years of supervisory/team leadership experience.
· Excellent interpersonal/communication (written and oral) skills and organizational skills.
· Ability to productively collaborate with a wide range of personality types while leading team and meeting assignment demands.
· Demonstrated experience/ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
· Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Excellent computer skills, including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word.
· Capability to make decisions with confidence and accomplish results independently.
· Demonstrated ability to build and retain a high-performance team with the resolution and unity of purpose to affect change/growth within the organization.
· Experience or familiarity with Virtual Proposal Center (VPC).
Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI clearance is strongly preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability