SAIC is seeking a Network Engineer with an Active DoD Top Secret /Sensitive Compartmentalized
Information (TS/SCI) clearance in Virginia Beach, VA.
SAIC is looking for Network Engineers to support the Tactical Networks (TACNET) Capabilities Based In Service Engineering Agent (CB-ISEA). TACNET CB-ISEA supports the sustainment and modernization of Automated Digital Network System (ADNS), Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services (CANES), Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS), Integration Shipboard Networking System (ISNS), Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Networks, Video Information Exchange System (VIXS), and Wireless Reachback System (WRBS) Programs of Record information systems.
Candidate will interface with Active Duty personnel and US Government employees to provide break/fix support to SPAWAR fielded Tactical Networks in a fast paced, high energy environment.
Candidate will provide system life cycle systems engineering support for our customers at NAVWAR and NIWC Pacific. The position requires travel, up to 25% of the time to both CONUS and international locations in addition to occasional off-hours support. Support will encompass a range of capabilities, from system installations, configuration management enforcement, system sustainment and upgrades, distance support, and emergent Casualty Report (CASREP) support as needed for the warfighters.
- Interface with Active Duty Military personnel and US Government employees to provide break/fix support to NAVWAR PMW160 fielded Tactical Networks in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Provide system life cycle engineering support for customers at NAVWAR and NIWC-PAC (San Diego, CA) and/or NIWC-LANT (Norfolk, VA).
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of customer requirements
- Provide occasional off-hours support.
- Perform system installations, configuration management enforcement, system sustainment and upgrades, distance support, and emergent Casualty Report (CASREP) support as needed in support of Naval Warfighters.
- Analyze issues in an enterprise LAN shipboard environment to determine the best course of action towards resolution.
- Provide root cause analysis and recommend permanent configuration changes.
- Work in cooperation with external stakeholders, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to troubleshoot intra-system issues, and to assist with system integration design solutions.
- Provide network component break-fix to include, but not limited to, servers, storage arrays, routers, switches, desktops, firewalls, server/switch chassis, etc.
- Interface with US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining Navy Afloat networks and associated components and capabilities.
- Attend and participate in technical meetings, report on technical progress, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
- Participate in integrated product teams and engineering/design reviews.
Education, Clearance and Experience:
degree in relevant field and 5 years or more years of experience OR 9 years of
related experience with a HS/GED.
- Active DOD Top Secret /Sensitive
Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- Current Security+ certification
- Current CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, Linux+, or
- Able to travel up to 25%
CONUS/OCONUS travel on US Navy Ships and/or locations
- Experience with TACNET Programs of
Record Systems: ADNS, CANES, CENTRIXS, ISNS, SCI Networks, VIXS OR WRBS.
- Engineering experience with Cisco
switches and routers OR administration experience of Windows Sever.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability