This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1925046
Location: LANHAM, MD, United States
Date Posted: Dec 12, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking Junior Ground System Engineer on the OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position has an emphasis on ground system engineering and test services during the continued implementation of upgrades to the Command, Control & Communications (C3S) segment to support the launch of JPSS-2 and future mission capabilities. The position locations are in Lanham, MD and Suitland, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and property.
- Support the Mission Operations Support Team (MOST) in development of ground/spacecraft pre-launch processes and procedures.
- Develop test procedures and test execution for system level, end-to-end tests with the ground system.
- Support mission readiness activities including mission rehearsals, mission timeline development, and post launch test development.
- Support launch, including shift work, for instrument and spacecraft LEO&A activities. - Develop and decompose requirements
- Oversee MOST testing of ground system design - Interface with the Ground Project to provide feedback on ground system issues
- Participate in Verification and validation activities including:
- Writing Test Procedures
- Mapping Requirements to procedures
- Monitoring tests for verification of requirements Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MS Office skills
- Must be able to pass Government background investigation
- Knowledge of system engineering and integration tools
- Experience with Spacecraft Operations
- Strong ability to interact with distributed team members and different corporate cultures
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability