This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1925087
Location: FLEXWORK, CO, United States
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has teamed with the GSA to design, develop, and support the evolution of IT Service Delivery for the GSA Enterprise. GSA IT requires an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-based solution that has an integrated, enterprise-wide focus to deliver shared IT services in accordance with GSA IT's governance structure and portfolio-based framework. The GSA Enterprise Operations (GEO) program supports a wide variety of technologies including: WAN/LAN networking, Directory Services, Electronic Messaging and Collaboration, Data Centers, Servers and Storage, Desktops, Remote Access, Unified Communications, VTC, Tools, and Project Management.
The candidate will support the GEO Program under the Server and Storage team and assist with day-to-day execution of integrated GEO engineering functions that provides critical support for Windows Server Operating Systems (OS). This role involves providing day-to-day operation support and maintenance of the data center Windows Servers. The System Administrator will be able to work independently and in conjunction with the Enterprise Architect, OS engineers, and operations support teams to provide guidelines and impart knowledge on OS design and best practices. The System Administrator will serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the Windows Server OS.
The successful candidate must be able to perform the following job responsibilities:
· Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 servers. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
· Manages multiple servers comprising of virtual machines (VMs) using VMware's ESXi hypervisor, vSphere client, and vCenter Server.
· Schedules installations and upgrades of Windows servers and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
· Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
· Plans and implements the modernization of servers. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
· Conducts hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
· Develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures.
· Monitors system analyzing appliances and takes action as necessary to tune system performance and/or mitigate actual and perceived threats to production systems.
· Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
· Contributes to supporting and completing assigned projects.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability