This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1924810
Location: FAIRMONT, WV, United States
Date Posted: Nov 13, 2019
Subcategory: Cyber Intel Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is the sole provider of Systems and Software Assurance Services to the NASA IV&V Program located in Fairmont, West Virginia. At the NASA IV&V Facility, we support NASA's IV&V Program, delivering analysis and verification & validation of safety-critical and mission-critical software for a number of important NASA programs, including both human and robotic exploration as well as earth and space science collection platforms.
The successful candidate will use his or her simulation and modeling software background, software and system engineering expertise, and NASA domain experience to evaluate target programs to ensure safety and mission success.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will learn to work independently as a member of a team in one or more of the NASA Mission projects or other Cybersecurity Program functional areas.
This position requires the security analyst to utilize their cybersecurity foundational framework (RMF, NIST, FISMA, FIPS, other related security related policies, procedures and practice, etc.), to conduct in-depth security analyses on NASA missions/projects. The ideal candidate will have the ability to think outside of the box of securing a typical network system and think about potential End-to End (E2E) systems that span from ground systems to spacecraft (and everything in-between). The position affords an awesome opportunity for a team player to enhance a world-class team and learn new skills and explore the world of space through a cyber lens.
This position will utilize a combination of both Cybersecurity and Intel expertise to assist in securing NASA missions and Information networks.
The ideal candidate will be able to conduct research and evaluates technical and all-source intelligence with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to networked weapons platforms and US and Mission information networks. The candidate should have the ability to independently analyze network events to determine the impact on current operations and conduct all-source research to determine advisory capability and intent.
- 9 years’ or more experience in Information Technology / Cybersecurity / Cyber Intel
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Cybersecurity, or similar discipline OR an 4 years of directly related technology/cyber experience (no degree and 13 years of experience)
- Minimum of 9 years utilizing and practical experience of Security controls, RMF Frameworks, NIST 800 (foundation)
- 4 years’ or more total experience of Cyber Intelligence gathering, analysis and understanding, and reporting threats to missions including both commercial and classified INTEL
- Ability to develop network architecture models and cyber architecture models from project documentation, identify potential areas of cyber threats, vulnerabilities or concerns
- Ability to simulate real-life cyber attacks with the goal of helping an organization improve its security posture.
- Vast knowledge of Cybersecurity discipline to include understanding and experience in performing tasks associated with the knowledge from the Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework (RMF), FISMA, NIST SP's such as 800-53, 800-37, 800-47, FIPS and other security related policy, procedures and practices
- Ability to lead/train young interns on cybersecurity and cybersecurity intelligence gathering, understanding, and analyzing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability