SAIC is looking for a Network Engineer to be a member of an engineering team that supports the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), an independent agency of the United States government. The team operates within the agency’s Information Technology Infrastructure Operations Department (ITIOD). The role is a part of the Development, Modernization, and Enhancement Team providing engineering solutions in support of the PBGC ITIOD.
The successful candidate will
- be detail oriented and committed to high quality, error-free deliverables,
- be able to manage multiple tasks involving planned projects and ad-hoc tasks,
- be motivated, independent, and self-sufficient,
- be able to take ownership of and execute assigned tasks with minimal supervision,
- be a good communicator with the ability to explain complex concepts in plain language, generate enthusiasm, and communicate with all levels of management and staff,
- be client oriented and have good customer care skills, understanding clients' needs and concerns.
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, engineering, installing, and supporting LAN, WAN, and VoIP infrastructures at all PBGC locations. Specific duties include:
- Support planning, analysis, design, and maintenance of the local and wide area networks to support data, voice, and video services.
- Plan and conduct installations, transitions, conversions, and cutovers of network components and capabilities.
- Provide Tier 3 technical support for voice and data network systems.
- Create and maintain network documentation.
- Work projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved data and voice communication equipment and procedures.
- Responsible for installation, administration, and testing of routers, switches, cabling, and other related network components/equipment
- Develop and implement network security procedures for safeguarding networking systems
- Support development and implementation of secure configuration baselines based on NIST DISA, and CIS guidelines.
- Manage and track to successful completion assignments within the team’s development sprints
- Review, refine, and maintain solution requirements for assigned projects
- Create solution design documentation and solution patterns that can be reused by others
- Enhance pre-existing solutions developed by yourself or others
- Maintain solution requirement, design, and usage documentation
- Conduct group and individual end user training for newly implemented or modified solutions
- Support fielded solutions
- Support network monitoring and troubleshooting for network security vulnerabilities, equipment failures, bandwidth and throughput, VPN connections, WAN circuits
- Develop and maintain Network related work instructions for fielded DME solutions.
- Provide initial end user support for DME fielded solutions.
- Provide training as needed to Operations Team staff responsible for O&M support of fielded systems.
- Assist in the development of end-user training materials
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline plus 9 years of documented experience designing and implementing network solutions; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN, DNS, SNMP, and QoS.
- Strong knowledge of network switching and routing, including OSPF.
- Knowledge/Experience with 10G Fiber and 10GE networking
- Experience with SNMP-based NMS tools (i.e. HP Network Manager, Solarwinds Orion)
- Experience setting up Cisco IOS Switches and Routers, ASA Firewalls, Cisco Wireless Controllers and WAPs.
- Knowledge/Experience with NX-OS based systems
- Experience with load balancers, WAN optimization, web proxies, VoIP, CL, TCP/IP, SIP trunks, PRI
- Experience with IPsec VPN, tunnels, HSRP/GLBP/VRRP, OSPF, MPLS, TACACS+
- Experience and Knowledge of NAC (i.e. Cisco ISE), 802.1x, Metro Ethernet, VPLS, Radius Experience with CISCO VOIP, CISCO ISE, Cisco Prime, and CISCO Wireless solutions
- Advanced troubleshooting of LAN, WAN, and VOIP issues, including demonstrated experience with complex multi-site network troubleshooting, multilayered switch environments, VPN technologies, and network monitoring.
- Experience with Infoblox DNS/DHCP Server administration,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to document network engineering solutions using Visio, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to troubleshoot and remediate voice and data network infrastructure issues.
- Ability to enforce enterprise networking standards, including security policies, to ensure the governance policies and processes are maintained.
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with PBX, PulseSecure, Blue Coat, Infoblox, Brocade ADX Load Balancers.
- Experience with ServiceNow Incident Ticket management
Must be eligible to obtain and hold a Public Trust Clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability