Job ID: 1924942
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2019
Subcategory: Cyber Eng/Archt
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
The SEC ISS program is a comprehensive IT program charged with operating, managing, and advancing the SEC's IT infrastructure. Our dynamic program team of IT leaders and large and small business partners is seeking bright, energetic and talented individuals to join us as we bring our innovative IT Service Delivery solutions to SEC.
Currently, we are seeking Sr Cloud Engineer in Washington, D.C. The selected candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Suitability clearance, per contract requirements.
· Deploy and configure cloud services according to best practice
· Use system automation technologies such as chef, puppet, ansible or others to create standardized IT environments
· Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and/or DevSecOps.
· Design , support Continuous Delivery
· Work with Solution Architects to conduct proof of concepts (POCs) and assist in Production implementations
· Assess existing application stacks and suggest cloud native services for applicability
· Assess existing environments for opportunities to simply, automate or bring efficiency to technical processes
· Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of cloud and virtualization systems.
· Advanced troubleshooting including analyzing log & trace files, opening service requests, collecting documentation, working with Vendors, and driving problem resolution.
· BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree)
· 12+ years of experience in Systems Engineering or related
· 3+ years of experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud architecture, operations, DevOps, or administration
· Hands-on experience and knowledge of AWS services and standard, best practice configurations, including EC2, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route53, CloudWatch, KMS, Redshift, S3 and Glacier, Kinesis
· 2+ years of experience with cloud automation and scripting
· 2+ years of experience creating deployment scripts (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
· 1+ years of experience with containers (e.g., Docker)
· In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices
· Strong Linux (RHEL preferred) and scripting background for task automation.
· Exposure to big data solutions in cloud environments.
· Experience with documenting procedures
· Deep knowledge of software deployment, versioning and release management processes
· Experience working with and supporting software production server environments
· 3+ years of experience in Agile practices
· Experienced in Agile software development practices and tools, such as Atlassian JIRA
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability