Job ID: 1924936
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2019
Subcategory: Cyber Eng/Archt
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is currently seeking an Apple Engineering Specialist in Washington, D.C.
The responsibilities for candidates in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Setup, maintain, document and train on JAMF Pro Server in an enterprise environment. - Participate in the requirements gathering, design, testing, implementation, and O&M of new Macintosh Desktop Service Solutions. - Present technical solutions to
peers and the end user base.
- Establish desktop hardening through security best practices and penetration testing.
- Conduct product evaluations and participate in the selection process.
- Developing documentation of system architecture and management within standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Assist existing support staff during the transition.
- Assist in BigFix Mac Engineering projects.
- Provide Mac incident escalation expertise for Operations Team.
- Complete overall patch/release management as well as ensure all packages are deployed efficiently and as transparently as possible. Identify, manage, and monitor for vulnerabilities that may affect compliance requirements and change management procedures.
- Troubleshoot related issues for users and perform problem resolution in regard to related service requests.
- Provide subject matter expertise on issues and tasks related to the remote distribution of packages. Provide subject matter expertise for any and all issues that may affect workstations (OS, Application, Network, GPO, etc).
- Assist with updating Process and Procedure documentation for End User Technology and Service Desk. -
Perform assigned tasks independently
Since 1934 the SEC has been restoring and ensuring investor confidence in our capital markets by providing investors and the markets with more reliable information and clear rules of honest dealing. Are you ready to do your part and support all Americans in this mission? To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- BA and 5 years experience or equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a minimum of five+ (5+) years IT knowledge and demonstrated hands-on experience and/or training in Desktop systems engineering and administration (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
-Candidate must be able to Interface with senior government personnel on a daily basis. Responds and resolves end user issues that require advanced knowledge of Apple or iOS systems. Updates status of queued service requests with the IT service management system.
- JAMF Certified - Bash Shell scripting ability
- Intermediate or above AppleScript ability - Experienced securing (hardening) Mac OS
- Experience with JAMF Casper package creation - Experience setting up JAMF self-service and other available server components
- Experience administrating Apple OSs in an Active Directory environment
- Experience leading a design & implementation project through engineering lifecycle for improvements to a large user base/enterprise environment. - Direct experience supporting user environment - Strong written and oral communications required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability