Linux/Windows Server Systems Administrator_NASA_NICS
Job ID: 1924549
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has an immediate opening for a Windows/Linux Systems Administrator to support the NASA NICS contract located in Huntsville, AL.
- Ensure the day-to-day operation and ongoing support of NICS Servers and Systems including event, fault, and performance management systems.
- Utilize solutions to monitor, notify, and correct anomalies/alarms.
- Utilize the environment, hardware specifications, and software layers to provide for a reliable, scalable, secure and highly available Linux Systems Environment.
- Find gaps in the Operating System environment and use analytical skills and knowledge to problem solve and provide solutions.
- Ensure that server hardware and operating systems are installed, properly configured, and operating as-expected on production, development, or lab systems running on Redhat Linux, and Windows environments.
- Configure operating systems and utilities to support customer requirements.
- Work closely with database and application administrators; data/telecommunication analysts; outside vendors; and application programmers in engineering solutions or resolving problems.
- Provide guidance to network engineers/analysts on the configuration of server hardware and architectures to meet application and service requirements.
- Work closely with vendors or other groups within the organization to correct problems or perform root cause analysis.
- Analyze and make formal recommendations on optimization and capacity planning for systems.
- Utilize and maintain process automation scripts development and utilities written in UNIX Shell, Python, and Perl languages.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the design, installation, administration, and maintenance of multiple systems in a distributed computing environment.
- Ensure stability, viability and maintenance of the 24/7 mission-critical production environment.
- Prepare weekly reports on significant events. Write test plans and conduct product evaluations in a lab environments.
- Perform system and application account management activities.
- Participate on a 24/7 on-call rotation to support critical incident management events.
- Ensure documented patch deployment methodology for administrators to implement.
- Must have experience with UNIX and Windows server administration including Redhat LINUX and Microsoft Server platforms, backup/restore, performance tuning, DNS, TCP/IP, VMWare, clustering.
- Experience in server architectures, storage architectures, virtualization, monitoring tools, backup/restore, performance tuning/capacity planning, documentation, server management
- Solid understanding of data and telecommunication technologies and networking fundamentals.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills for effective interaction with customers and co-workers
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of related experience. 4 years of related experience may be accepted in place of degree.
- Knowledge of Stratus Technologies
- Knowledge of VOIP technologies
- Knowledge of Webex and Quintron product lines.
- Knowledge of Ansible automation scripting and utilization
- Knowledge of VMware and/or other virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of SNMP/RMON based monitoring solutions such as CA Spectrum, SolarWinds, MRTG and/or other similar NMS tools.
- Knowledge of best practices from large scale enterprise deployments.
- Ability to develop and maintain Perl, Python programs or shell scripts in a UNIX environment for automation
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability