Java Architect / Senior IT Systems Solution Architect
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1924731
Location: FORT KNOX, KY, United States
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Solutions Archt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Senior IT Systems Solution Architect to join the
Recruiting Support Team at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command. This person will
lead a technical team that is enhancing/upgrading legacy applications into new
Java based web applications in an enterprise environment. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of
enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting
the Request system.
- Leads a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, and
software components of the web applications.
- Develops forward-looking architectural solutions to meet current and
future customer requirements.
- Provides guidance and vision throughout the entire software development
life cycle including requirements, development, configuration management,
testing and deployment.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to
develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website.
Responsible for interface implementation.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases.
- Deploys large
web-based transaction systems using application servers.
- Researches, tests,
builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 9+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications; or a Master’s degree in a related discipline and 7 years or more experience. Four (4) additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience leading a team of software developers.
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
- Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar)
- Experience with frameworks such as Spring, AngularJS, and Hibernate.
- Experience with SOAP and RESTful services.
- Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
- Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP.
- Experience using version control tools such as Subversion.
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve system issues.
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen – No dual citizenship
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified
- Must obtain as a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate, with the first 90 days of employment
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program
- Oracle Certified Associate Java 1.8 or Oracle Certified Professional Java 1.8
- Experience with Fortify Static Code Analysis tool
- Experience with DISA STIGs
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability