This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1924736
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Job Description: Design, develop, and implement large, cutting edge standalone Java and Java Script web-based application systems. The candidate will design, code and test full-stack JEE based standalone application and web application software using Agile methodology. Use sound software engineering and object oriented principles to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, fault tolerant, and of high quality.
Key Skills: JAVA, JEE, Web services (REST Based), Spring, Hibernate, JSON, XML, JQuery, Java Script
· Design, develop, maintain, and deliver highly scalable and reliable software using Java web technologies.
· Demonstrated experience developing enterprise web-based applications.
· Collaborate with other engineers and product owners to analyze, design, and implement user stories using an agile methodology.
· Write high-quality software code that complies with design specifications and meets development and support requirements.
· Develop unit tests and test changes using an agile methodology.
· Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, automated builds, and source control.
· Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team member to review, estimate and elaborate user stories, participate in sprint reviews, demos and retrospectives.
· Experience with JBoss/Fuse is a plus.
· Knowledge of Java Script including JQuery is a plus.
· Agile Software development process experience.
· Requires object-oriented expertise.
· Strong experience in Java technologies.
· Hands on experience in HTML, Spring/JPA and Hibernate/MyBatis ORM frameworks.
· Experience authoring and performance engineering SQL queries and stored procedures on MySQL is desired.
· Experience in developing REST services using RESTEasy, Java Jersey or JAX-RS.
· JEE application development experience on JBoss Application Server or other similar JEE application servers.
· Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and WS* standards in addition to hands on experience coding XML Web Services using JAX* API and tools like Axis are strongly desired.
· Must also have Unit Testing experience.
· Experience in at least one of the following configuration management tools: PVCS, Subversion and build automation tools such as Ant, Maven, BuildForge or similar.
· Experience in at least one of the following integrated development environments: Eclipse, IBM RAD, JDeveloper, or any IDE.
Clearance: The candidate must also be able to pass a security background check, including a credit check. The clearance is a Public Trust level. The candidate must have a two-year residency requirement immediately preceding hire date. Candidate must have Green Card or Citizen.
Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability