Join SAIC’s team to support the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) with a broad range of Information Technology Operations (OIT) services to all USCIS end users. The USCIS OIT provides information technology (IT), expertise, and the strategic vision necessary to enable USCIS to deliver effective, efficient, and secure immigration services and products. The SAIC team will continue service desk operational support, field services, service center services, account management services, and hardware incident resolution.
SAIC is seeking an experienced Deputy Program Manager (DPM) who will support and assist the Program Manager (PM) for this task order and for the management of all services and personnel. The DPM shall also work collaboratively with the USCIS Government PM, COR and Contracting Office. Under the guidance of the PM, the DPM shall assist in the overall management of this task order and insure that the technical solutions and schedules in the task order are implemented in a timely manner.
The DPM shall assist the PM and may:
• Develop and maintain business management policies and procedures for all task areas. Coordinate program activities including, but not limited to, cost estimating and reporting; financial oversight; subcontractor management; deliverable schedule and reports; and expenditure reports.
• Appoint management leads with a manager to employee ratio that can sufficiently present oversight and direction for activities in support of the Government.
• Ensure attainment and maintenance of task order Acceptable Quality Levels (AQLs);
• Monitor compliance with small business participation of 30%;
• Manage and review task invoicing functions; resolve discrepant areas prior to submission to customer for payment; and
• Annually refresh the technical skills of all staff in task areas.
• Ensure deliverables are prepared and submitted as required.
• Participate in quarterly Program Reviews with CO and Government Program Manager
DPM Program management activities may include:
• Manage resources and supervise staff in the performance of all work on this task order;
• Be responsible for the actual accomplishment of the PWS for this task order,
• Organize, direct and coordinate planning and execution of all task order activities,
• Ensure that the schedule, standards, reporting, task order changes, and subcontract management responsibilities are met,
• Actively pursue solutions to correct deficiencies when necessary,
• Be the primary interface with the CO and COR,
• Attend status meetings and ad hoc meetings as required.
• Oversee personnel security activities including assignment of properly cleared staff and requests for sensitive accounts access;
• Appoint experienced, knowledgeable and capable points of contact for USCIS task order and task management. These contacts, including key personnel, shall be available for both ad hoc and regularly-scheduled meetings at the Government site;
• Establish systems and internal processes that will provide operational and task order-specific financial information as both scheduled and ad-hoc deliverables;
• Maintain task order AQLs
SAIC will be required to use commercially available automated tools and expertise with applications, processes and metrics that support task order management to achieve objectives. The Government will require access to these automated tools which may be used for quicker access, improved accuracy, and enhanced accessibility for Contractors/Government, real-time monitoring of status/deliverables, tracking the quality of work products and gauging overall customer satisfaction.
The DPM in support of the PM provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
• Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
• Minimum of 4+ years of IT program (project) management experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
• ITIL certification
• T1 Public Trust with full Background Investigation or Secret clearance (previous DHS clearance preferred)
• Requires travel CONUS and OCONUS. Must have or obtain a passport
• Prior experience working with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability