Job ID: 1923792
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Schedule: Casual (includes On Call and Temporary)
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Program Security Officer to provide intermittent and temporary surge support to a Customer's Program Office to assist with increased workloads, temporary staffing shortfalls, or special projects. Work will be scheduled on an as needed basis, but anticipate approximately 400 hours per year.
Roles and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide tailored, embedded support to a customer’s Program Office.
- Provide life-cycle protection and security risk management for assigned programs.
- Provide comprehensive security guidance and recommendations to the Program Office staff in support of program requirements, across non-traditional and traditional security disciplines to include, but not limited to: Program Protection, Operational Security (OPSEC), Communications Security (COMSEC), Information Systems Security (INFOSEC), physical/facility/technical security, personnel and industrial security.
- Assist in the development of comprehensive Program Protection architectures and will document implementation via formal Program Protection Plans, as well as evaluate the effectiveness of the Plans.
- Continually evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the plans and will assist in the integration of any lessons learned into future planning.
- Develop briefings and classification guides for the program and/or related compartments, provide security education, work with various customer components to ensure timely approvals, accreditations, etc., evaluate industrial sites for compliance with security requirements and provide guidance and feedback on their security program.
Qualifications•At least 9 years combined, demonstrated security experience—at least 5 of which includes experience as a Program Security Officer for traditional and/or non-traditional, national security, special programs—in one or more of the following security disciplines: Program Protection, Operational Security (OPSEC), Communications Security (COMSEC), Information Systems Security (INFOSEC), physical/facility/technical security, personnel and industrial security.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability