Job ID: 1924566
Location: DENVER, CO, United States
Date Posted: Nov 12, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Aerospace Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
As part of its Safety and Mission Assurance Engineering Contract (SMAEC)-II contract with NASA Johnson Space Center, SAIC is seeking talent to assist with Quality Engineering support to NASA’s Orion Program Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV). The Quality Engineering Analyst position provides direct technical and analytical support to NASA to assist with the agency’s oversight and surveillance of contractors/sub-contractors involved with the design, development, fabrication, testing, and delivery of the Orion crew module. This position will be resident full-time in Denver, CO and will be in direct support of the NASA Quality and Flight Crew Equipment Division (NT) Orion Quality Lead. The Quality Engineering Analyst will perform critical support tasks such as the following:
- Perform surveillance of Orion contractors/sub-contractors per NASA standards/requirements
- Supply technical assessments to identify Government Mandatory Inspection Points (GMIPs) of Orion hardware end items and associated manufacturing process steps
- Assist NASA in technical reviews toward the formal acceptance of Orion hardware deliverables
- Employ a risk-based and continuous improvement approach to help the NASA/NT Orion Quality Lead refine the overall pedigree of the Orion Program’s prime contractor and supply chain Quality systems
Skills and capabilities, such as manned spacecraft critical system knowledge (e.g., environmental control & life support systems, propulsion, pyrotechnics, structures & mechanisms, etc.), a working understanding of the contractor/sub-contractor supply chain for major aerospace projects, experience with review of as-built vs. as-designed data toward hardware acceptance activities, and the ability to review and assess contractor/sub-contractor processes to determine adequacy. The results of such efforts will be used during daily/weekly discussions and decisional meetings pertaining to Quality issues and for the identification of adverse trends/risks in the overall Quality systems/processes for Orion’s supply chain. The position develops (and possibly presents) reports that demonstrate the results of analyses, interpret the results, explain any associated trends/risks, and assist the Orion Quality Lead with determination of potential corrective actions. The position interfaces with senior NASA, Orion Program, the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), and contractor/sub-contractor Quality management. As a result, the position requires someone with the following soft-skill characteristics: outstanding written/oral communications skills, presentation capabilities, self-motivated, and strong interpersonal interaction and communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical). Other degrees (Aerospace/Aeronautical or STEM) will be considered along with relevant experience.
- Bachelors degree and two years experience Masters Degree and 0 years experience
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- Competency in database utilization – data entry, data reporting, and data analysis
- PC literacy with proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong presentation skills in technical forums as well as superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility regarding changes in task assignments and deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of technical teams.
- Experience using electronic Quality data/documentation systems.
- Ability to receive and execute specific assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with NASA customer, peers, and manager/supervisor.
- Must be willing to travel (< 5%). Travel includes visits to NASA Johnson Space Center for customer meetings/events and to Orion contractor/sub-contractor locations for surveillance-related activities.
- A minimum of 0-5 years of related experience in performing Quality Engineering and/or Data Analysis associated with manufacturing, assembly, processing, and inspection.
- Working knowledge of NASA Quality standards and program requirements documents governing the design, development, manufacture, assembly, processing, testing, inspection, and certification of space flight hardware.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability