Job ID: 1924656
Location: FORT MEADE, MD, United States
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
This Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering and other technical assistance to customer’s requirements development and planning for new IOSA SIGINT systems. The supported organization is the focal point for defining the intelligence requirements which drive the development of Overhead collection and processing systems. The selected systems engineer will work closely with NSA, NRO, national-level customers, and military services to capture and document the requirements for the next generation systems. The effort requires participation in numerous meetings, working groups, and integrated product teams, product reviews, and status meetings to monitor the systems engineering plans, development, and deployment of space and ground processing systems. The Systems Engineer will work closely with government Systems Engineers to ensure NSA plans are effectively aligned with those developed by NRO engineers. The selected Systems Engineer will directly participate in structured analysis of alternatives (AoA) decision making processes as plans work through the appropriate decision gates. To be successful, the selected individual must be able to communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
* Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 13 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 19 years of relevant systems engineering experience.
* Must have strong written and oral communicative skills. This position will involve drafting detailed requirements documentation as well as associated briefings of requirements and status for customer, DNI, and IC-leadership.
* Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
* Ideal candidate would be Overhead SIGNT SME. However familiarity with NRO and relevant NSA organizations and processes may be a suitable replacement for detailed technical knowledge of current Overhead SIGINT system capabilities
* Some knowledge of DNI’s Intelligence Community Capability Requirements (ICCR) process and the Joint Capabilities Integration Development Systems (JCIDS) process would be valuable. The task generally operates at the enterprise and architectural level of the capabilities needs processes, and seldom requires deep dives into low level system requirements.
* Knowledge of NSA’s Corporate Requirements process will be very helpful in being fully effective in this work role as the supported organization often partners with the B7 organization as requirements work through the ICCR and JCIDS process.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability