SAIC is currently looking to hire a Property Administrator for the A3S in Huntsville, AL.
- Responsible for the control, use and disposition of accountable property.
- Ensures that property accountability requirements are met for all equipment; including furniture, telecommunications, and information technology.
- This includes accountable property owned, leased, or rented.
- Approves new hand receipt accounts or changes of hand receipt holders and provides information to the Product Support Manager (PSM) for input into the Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS).
- Monitors inventory control of hand receipts via DPAS as the Accountable Property System of Record.
- Ensures requirements for capital asset reporting and Automation Resources Management System are met by providing technical guidance and reviewing DPAS accounts for accuracy and completeness.
- Provides the PSM guidance on the redistribution and cross-leveling of accountable property.
- The PA is also responsible to the DPAS Systems Administrator / APO for the review and analysis of all system reconfigurations adaptations and change orders.
DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Interprets and provides guidance on technical directives concerning property accountability including management practices and depreciation criteria.
- Approves new hand receipt accounts, obtains delegation authority for new hand receipt holders, and briefs them on internal policies and procedures.
- Maintains signed current hand receipts for all government accountable property.
- Approves turn-in disposition of excess property.
- Provides guidance to PSM on the redistribution of displaced property and equipment.
- Conducts joint inventories with Primary Custodians/hand receipt holders, and as required, with the assistance of PEO AVN personnel.
- Documents those accountable property transactions required by an APO, such as lateral transfers between property books or transfers to a school donation program or other DoD certified recipient.
- Investigates and assesses the liability for loss, damage, or destruction of government property, with assistance of PM AMSA Logistics Management Division (LMD) personnel.
- Reviews and updates procedures for property control to ensure compliance with property regulations, guidance and laws.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience; years of experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- MUST have working experience with Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS).
- 2+ years of experience supporting supply chain management/inventory control
- MUST have an Active Secret Security Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability