SAIC has an immediate opportunity for mid-level and senior-level Software Airworthiness Engineers to provide in-depth technical software expertise to assist in updating internal processes and procedures and perform independent software evaluations of currently fielded software at the Systems Simulation, Software and Integration (S3I) in Huntsville, AL. This position requires a Secret Clearance.
- Primarily review Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) deliverables pertaining to software development processes, software integration, and software testing.
- Capability to understand RTCA/DO178C standards and principles.
- Verify OEM deliverables are in compliance with RTCA/DO-178C, MIL-STD-882E, and Data Item Descriptions.
- Participate in customer meetings such as Stages of Involvement, Software Readiness Reviews, Formal Qualification/Performance Verification Testing, and Technical Interchange Meetings.
- Understanding of software engineering and development principles, in particular, have a general knowledge of source code, software development life cycles (i.e. Agile), and hexadecimal/binary numbers.
- Configure memorandums that effectively communicate compliance issues with the documents and standards listed above, along with engineering malpractices, discrepancies, and ill-advised methods that can present potential flaws and risks in the software, hardware, and overall system development.
- Excellent communication to provide thorough reasoning and explanations for comments against deliverables under review and be able to support decisions when explaining to customers and superiors.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Active Secret clearance.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills for effective interaction with customers and co-workers.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability