Mid Level Model Based Systems Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1924435
Location: LEXINGTON PARK, MD, United States
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
NAVAIR has undertaken an organization-wide initiative for reengineering the entire acquisition process with the end product being a set of related models that fully describe, and to various degrees, analyze the desired systems using Model Based Systems Engineering (SysML). This means solutions requiring creative thinking and a variety of computer skills.
Do you have detailed knowledge and experience developing a variety of SysML models at the project / department level? Can you lead the execution of complex tasks with little or no guidance? If so, SAIC is in need of a Mid Level Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) to support our NAVAIR System Engineering Transformation (SET) team in Lexington Park, MD.
- U.S. Citizen with an Active Secret Level Security Clearance.
- Detailed knowledge and experience developing a variety of SysML models at the project / department level.
- Worked on requirements modeling, use case analysis, interface design, parametrics, and created SysML profiles.
- Awareness of SysML challenges and semantic subtleties to overcome potential Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) issues.
- Experience with an object-oriented language (Java, Python, C++, etc.) using OO techniques.
- Knowledge of one or more of these concepts as they apply to SysML: Inheritance, aggregation, interface, design pattern, loose coupling, high cohesion, abstraction, properties, and / or methods.
- Experience with DevOps, workflow processes, repository usage, issue tracking, and configuration management.
- Experience/understanding of Systems Engineering concepts.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills.
- An MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline or a BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant experience may be substituted for a MS or MA degree.
- This year (1) year of experience are in addition to the required minimum of 3 (3) years of recent and relevant experience in an engineering position, therefore, requiring a total of fourteen (4) years of experience.
- Experience/understanding of one or more domains: Test and Evaluation, Safety, Cyber Security, Reliability, Propulsion, Structures.
- Awareness of enterprise IT issues/concepts.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability