SAIC has an immediate opening for an
IT Systems Event Monitoring Technician supporting the C4ES USCENTCOM program at
MacDill Air Force Base, located in Tampa, Florida.
The IT Systems Event Monitoring
Technician position requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the
ability to effect solutions by applying advanced analysis skills to map
customer business challenges to reusable and appropriate end-to-end technology
solutions. Responsibilities include:
- Operate a server maintenance program that provides
systems administration, operations and maintenance, and support for all
USCENTCOM networks (U.S., allied, and coalition, and of several
classification levels), to include servers (physical and virtual), Storage
Area Networks (SAN), software applications, firmware, and network
- Provide overall enterprise level system administration,
planning, and management.
- Manage, monitor, and optimize geographically dispersed
- Develop, implement, and document network systems.
- This is a deployable position, with travel both CONUS
and OCONUS (i.e. Qatar, Bahrain, etc.) as such, possession and maintenance
of a current U.S. passport is required.
The IT Systems Event Monitoring
Technician acts as central point of contact as Server SME during operational
crisis that impact critical systems.
- Focus on SCOM engineering efforts as the Subject Matter
Expert for the CENTCOM enterprise.
- Coordinates and leads restoration of services across
the enterprise and different technical disciplines.
- Creates post analysis "after action reports"
to develop strategies for preventive maintenance, changes to monitoring
posture, and changes to event management response procedures.
- Provides direct management oversight of the SCOM
- Monitors server based change actions for effects to the
network and system performance.
- Performs troubleshooting, Change rollbacks or fix
- Handles Tier I escalations from Help Desk and PC
maintenance personnel. Resolving issues that Tier I personnel are not able
- Researches and resolves user issues through direct
contact with customer by telephone and walk-in support Takes a leadership
role within the EOC.
- Engineers new solutions for problems with no documented
resolution. Must provide a written engineering solution to VIP'S and
management to resolve issues.
- Monitors Exchange system servers for proper functions
to include Outlook Web access for offsite personnel.
- Verify Exchange System Enterprise Vault queues for
proper mail archival operations.
- Actively monitors and assures the availability of
Virtual Desktop Interfaces so end users can logon to the network with no
issues or delays.
- Failover cluster administration and monitoring.
Assuring cluster node availability in the event of a system failover by
monitoring SCOM alerts and verifying resource availably within the Cluster
- Must currently possess an active DoD Top Secret Clearance with the ability to be cleared to Top Secret SCI.
- 8570 IAT-2 (Security +)
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of IT systems support experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of IT systems support experience.
- Experience troubleshooting servers (physical and virtual), Storage Area Networks (SAN), software applications, firmware, network security and Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) .
DESIRED CERTIFICATIONS / EXAMS:
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) Exam
- MCITP certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability