Join SAIC’s team supporting the National Cancer Institute (NCI) with professional data science and informatics support to assist NCI Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT) in planning, documenting, evaluating, and supporting informatics and information technology solutions programs and projects. CBIITs goal is to maximize the accessibility, usability, interoperability, and reusability of experimental data (basic, translational, and clinical) and other types of information. The Center provides and advocates for the appropriate use of data science, informatics, and IT to accelerate the NCI mission to prevent, detect, treat, or cure cancer.
NCI CBIIT supports the following major programs:
- CBIIT Cancer Informatics Branch
- Cancer Research Data Commons (CRDC) and Cloud Resources
- Support for Clinical Trials Data Collections and Patient Reported Outcomes
- NCI Data Standards and Semantic Infrastructure Support
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) team augments or directs teams providing high level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation and implementation and advises on exceptionally complex issues requiring an advanced specialist degree-level knowledge of the individual’s business field of study. Participates in all phases of studies, planning, and projects with specific emphasis on higher-level issues requiring specific expertise in the subject matter.
Supporting the Program Manager, Senior Project Managers and others, the SME team shall support (but are not limited to) the following tasks from the BPA and the first order:
Business Analyst and System Architect Services
The SAIC team shall provide services in support of the definition and design of informatics solutions to support basic, translational, and clinical cancer research.
The SAIC team shall provide support for CBIIT program management and operations. The SAIC team shall apply expert level knowledge, experience, and expertise to CBIIT and most effectively conduct and manage its portfolio, systems, services, and strategic acquisitions.
Technical Consulting and Subject Matter Expertise
The SAIC team shall provide subject matter expertise and support services in the areas delineated in the scope section of this SOW as requested by CBIIT to support required activities, tasks, projects, and initiatives. The expertise and support provided will assist Federal staff to plan, implement, control, and manage on-going and new work to achieve approved NCI and CBIIT plans, goals, and objectives.
Services may include providing subject matter expertise and consulting in:
- System design including planning, requirements collection and analysis, data collection, data modeling and analysis, system modeling and design;
- Business analysis including technical and business requirements analysis, tracking, mapping to functionality, and prioritization;
- Project management including concept and business case development, planning, cost and effort analysis, tracking, reporting, and consulting;
- Informatics and Semantics including vocabulary and common data element system design, curation, and data modeling;
- Clinical trial protocol abstraction, analysis, and data management;
- Data management, sharing, and access processes;
- Biomedical health, ethics, and data sharing policy;
- Portfolio management;
- Program and project assessment and evaluation including development of strategies
- and processes for evaluation, metrics for success, processes for decision making, tracking, and reporting;
- Biomedical application training and support;
- Communications and outreach strategy, planning, development and management support;
- Research administration and grants management and support systems;
- Requirements gathering, development, analysis, and documentation;
- System and application quality assurance and testing;
- Business modeling to improve the effectiveness and efficiency; and
- Other related technical consulting and provision of subject matter expertise.
SME team will support the NCI Data Standards and Semantic Infrastructure (SI) Support Program
NCI CBIIT provides infrastructure, resources and consulting to support shared metadata and vocabulary standards for cancer data. This infrastructure includes the cancer Data Standards Registry and Repository (caDSR) and associated applications to help the research community manage and use data standards by providing these standards in a variety of human and machine-readable contexts. This process involves working with many partners to develop, license, and publish terminology and jointly develop software tools.
- Doctorate degree and six (6) years’ of progressively responsible experience in the individual’s field of study with demonstrated experience and success in the area of specialization. A Master’s degree plus five (5) additional years of directly related work experience may be substituted for the doctorate-level degree.
- Experience in all phases of studies, planning, and projects with specific emphasis on higher-level issues requiring specific expertise in the subject matter.
- HHS Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) methodology
Domains of expertise include but are not limited to:
Bioinformatics and data science analysis and training;
Cloud computing and associated technologies;
High performance computing;
Clinical trials reporting and analysis;
Cancer genomics, proteomics, and other -omic technologies;
Epidemiology and population sciences;
Machine learning and other artificial intelligence technologies;
Grants Management; and
NCI Business Processes.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability