Graphic Designer/Visualization Principal
Job ID: 1924304
Location: SPRINGFIELD, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Web Design
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
seeking a Graphic Designer / Visualization Principal.
Duties may include:
- Maintain legacy ColdFusion and C# applications
and work within the office and across the agency to migrate existing code to
more modern, sustainable solutions.
- Maintain legacy Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server
- Regularly update legacy applications with
current content, based on guidance and input from division (OCCV) and office
- Institute regular backup routines for legacy
content and data until applications migrate to a more institutional,
- Document — both inline and external documents
— code, database connections, external touchpoints, table structures, etc. for
all legacy applications and databases.
- Work with OCCV designers to develop and deploy
new, modern front end interfaces to current applications.
- Research and, once accepted by OCCV
leadership, implement modern web design technologies to incrementally improve
user interfaces and workflow efficiencies.
- Create designs for complex client web and
mobile applications utilizing current industry programming techniques.
- Partner with internal and external teams and
application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user
experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Develop and share recommendations on industry
best practices on information architecture, user experience, accessibility
compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness, and other
web best practices.
- Work with OCCV designers to create intuitive
user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations into
- Work with OCCV designers to create visual
- Utilize the NGA DevOps systems and tools (Git,
Jenkins, etc.) to ensure compliant code and ensure best practices.
- Build efficient and reusable resource and
guidance libraries for future design use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX
- Identify and troubleshoot customer issues on
NGA’s content management system (permissions, api, web parts).
- Utilize XML-parsing, XSLT, CSS, Web Services
and REST of multiple systems including Microsoft SharePoint. Possess associated
technical knowledge of admin and servers associated with SharePoint such as SQL
Server administration, Windows Server Administration, active directory control,
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or
related field and 11 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing, deploying,
and maintaining ColdFusion, C#, Java, and PHP applications.
- Demonstrated experience developing and
maintaining Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server databases.
- Demonstrated experience implementing
front-end, user experience design and development.
- Demonstrated experience applying best
practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a web
and/or CMS applications.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience implementing
industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical
resources, and web best practices.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing in cloud-based
- Minimum 1 years’ experience with business
workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability