SAIC is seeking a TACNET Fleet
Engineer (with a DoD SECRET and/or TS/SCI
clearance) in San Diego, CA.
This role will support the Tactical
Networks (TACNET) Capabilities Based In Service Engineering Agent (CB-ISEA).
TACNET CB-ISEA supports the sustainment and modernization of Automated Digital
Network System (ADNS), Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services
(CANES), Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System Maritime
(CENTRIXS-M), Integration Shipboard Networking System (ISNS), Sensitive
Compartmented Information Networks (SCI-N), Video Information Exchange System
(VIXS), and Wireless Reachback System (WRBS) Naval Information Warfare Center
Pacific (NIWC-PAC) PMW160 Programs of Record (POR) systems.
- Interface with Active Duty Military personnel and US
Government employees to provide break/fix support to NAVWAR PMW160 fielded
Tactical Networks in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Provide system life cycle engineering support for customers
at NAVWAR and NIWC-PAC (San Diego, CA) and/or NIWC-LANT (Norfolk, VA).
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of customer
- Provide occasional off-hours support.
- Perform system installations, configuration management
enforcement, system sustainment and upgrades, distance support, and emergent
Casualty Report (CASREP) support as needed in support of Naval Warfighters.
- Analyze issues in an enterprise LAN shipboard environment to
determine the best course of action towards resolution.
- Provide root cause analysis and recommend permanent
- Work in cooperation with external stakeholders, including
consultants, agencies and vendors, to troubleshoot intra-system issues, and to
assist with system integration design solutions.
- Provide network component break-fix to include, but not
limited to, servers, storage arrays, routers, switches, desktops, firewalls,
server/switch chassis, etc.
- Interface with US Navy Customers regarding the proper
approach to maintaining Navy Afloat networks and associated components and
- Attend and participate in technical meetings, report on
technical progress, prepare briefs, and provide presentations.
- Participate in integrated product teams and
- Bachelor's degree
in relevant field and 2 years or more years of experience OR 5 years of related
experience with a HS/GED.
Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active DoD SECRET
and/or Top Secret /Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- Current Security+ certification
- The ability to obtain CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, Linux+, or
VCP certifications within six (6) months of hire date.
- Able to travel up to 25%
CONUS/OCONUS travel on US Navy Ships and/or locations
- Experience with TACNET Programs of Record Systems: ADNS,
CANES, CENTRIXS, ISNS, SCI Networks, VIXS OR WRBS.
- Engineering experience with Cisco switches and routers OR
administration experience of Windows Sever.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability