SAIC currently has an opening for a Red Switch Operator to support a Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program.
- This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission.
- IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department.
- Program is named "Vanguard 2.2.1" and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
- This is a network specialist position within Vanguard 2.2.1, providing secure telecommunication support over the Multilevel Secure Voice network, formerly the Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN), to DoS personnel.
- Requires experienced strong communications skills when dealing with VIPs and government officials and executives.
- Support personnel will assist in establishing and maintaining secure voice calls and teleconferences, as well as fulfilling conference management functions.
Secure telecommunication support is provided on a 24x7 basis. Must be open to the following shifts:
- Mid shift (11:00 PM to 7:30 AM)
- Swing Shift (3:00 PM to 11:30 PM)
- Day Shift (7:00 AM to 3:30 PM)
- Assist in building conferences on the secure voice system with multiple participants in CONUS, OCONUS, and other government agencies
- Assist State Operations in establishing secure voice communications or the transmission of secure data to traveling DoS personnel
- Establish, test, and monitor secure communications with aircraft
- Provides instructions to secure phone users.
- Monitors the status of critical circuits (ECC)
- Maintains official permanent records/narrative of mission support activities and trouble tickets.
AA Degree in related discipline and six (6) years related experience; OR, High School and seven (7) years related experience to include:
- Telecommunication support experience
- Experienced with placing and managing calls using STE, vIPer, and VoSIP
- Experienced with establishing conference calls between users on disparate systems such as vIPer and STE
- Able to handle moderately complex assignments with little supervision and to determine methods to accomplish assigned tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess a current US “Top Secret” security clearance
- Candidate must be qualified for a TS/SCI clearance and have held an SCI clearance within the past 3 years.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability