Job ID: 1924104
Location: MIDDLETOWN, RI, United States
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking an organized and motivated System engineer who will work effectively in a fast-paced environment. You will work at 28 Jacome Way, Middletown, RI, and/or the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport. You will be part of a collaborative team of engineers and support technicians working to bring a variety of designs from the early concept stage all the way through fabrication.
You will need broad engineering skillsets, well-developed work habits, and an eagerness and enthusiasm for solving engineering challenges. Your projects will include concept development; requirements development, design, and analysis; baseline management; architecture development; product evaluation, validation and verification; decision analysis; and/or system transition planning.
The System Engineer's activities and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
• Providing system-level engineering support and expertise to a cross-functional team.
• Providing preliminary solutions to engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner.
• Hardware design and development.
• Authoring and maintenance of technical documentation, such as Requirements Specifications, Concepts of Operation, Product and Performance Specifications, Interface Control Documents, Compliance Matrices, Qualification Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports.
• Development and documentation of engineering processes and standards in support of customer requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited college or university
• 5+ years experience in the Systems Engineering field
• Must either possess or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Experience with Electronic Warfare, Radio Frequency (RF) and Communications
• Electro-mechanical hardware design and engineering
• Experience with the marine environment and naval operations and systems
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability