We have an opportunity for a Web application tester with at least 5 years of experience. The group is focused on developing and maintaining Web applications that support the enrollment, payment and contract maintenance processes for all Conservation Programs administered by the U.S Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency.
- Developing and executing test plans, test cases and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Developing test plans, test schedules and approaches.
- Conducting walk-throughs on test cases/scripts with Test Managers, Requirements Leads, Project Managers and Development Leads.
- Performing and leading tests of software and/or IT systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Performing verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
- Documenting and communicating test results.
- Supporting analysis of test results and resolution of open issues.
- Documenting and working to resolve complex problems.
- Reporting progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devising improvements to current procedures and developing models of possible future configurations.
- Creating test metrics and reporting.
BS in Management of Information Systems, or relevant discipline (4 years of related experience in lieu of degree)
5 years experience in software testing
- Experience working in a team-oriented,
- Experience with QA tools and techniques,
and bug tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, ALM)
- Solid understanding of test methodologies,
test automation design, and iterative development
- Experience documenting test plans and test
- Strong attention to detail and
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- 2+ years of experience with test automation software, such as Selenium, Cucumber and Gherkin
- Familiarity with formal System Development Methodologies and Project Management process
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability