Job ID: 1924059
Location: EGLIN AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Jun 8, 2020
Category: Environmental, Health & Safety
Subcategory: Medical Coder
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Medical Coding Compliance Specialist, who takes pride in their work, to contribute to the continued success of our DHA programs at Eglin AFB in FL. In this role you will:
Providing analysis and auditing of medical coding
Investigating and resolving issues and variance with policy
Make compliance and process related recommendations on medical coding issues
Provide research, and other support services to ensure observance with official coding policies, regulations, requirements, and standards
Ensure revenue integrity consists by providing analysis, auditing, investigation, recommendations, research, and other support to prevent lost revenue from healthcare operations
Participate in process improvement efforts by maintaining a weekly issues log in accordance with the AFMS Coding Manual, to be received by the AFMS MCPO
Take required continuing education classes in order to maintain current and proper national certification(s) requirements for this position
Apply your understanding of government rules and regulations regarding medical coding, reimbursement guidelines, and healthcare fraud; commercial reimbursement guidelines and policies; coding audit principles and concepts, and potential areas of risk for fraud and abuse
Grow your knowledge of revenue cycle management, project management concepts, business analysis, training methods, clinical documentation improvement, and continuous process improvement processes.
· An Associate’s Degree in Health Information Management, a University Certificate in Medical Coding, at least 30 semester hours’ university/college credit that includes relevant coursework such as anatomy/physiology, medical terminology, health information management, and/or pharmacology; OR Completion of American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and/or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) exam preparation courses. Coding certification may be accepted in lieu of university credit.
· 10 or more years of medical coding and/or auditing experience in two or more medical, surgical, and ancillary specialties
· At least 5 years of experience training auditors, coders, and/or providers, or a minimum of 3 years of training experience in a military coding environment.
· Coding certification in good standing from each of the following:
Professional Services Coding Certifications: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT); Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Certified Professional Medical Coding Auditor (CPMA); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); Certified Outpatient Coder (COC); or Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P).
Institutional (Facility) Coding Certifications: Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS). Other institutional coding certifications will be considered by the AFMS MCPO
Compliance Certifications: Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO) from AAPC; Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) or Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP) from the Healthcare Compliance Association (HCCA). Other compliance certifications will be considered by the AFMS MCPO
· Selected applicant must do the following before starting, based on government requirements:
Pass a pre-employment coding test IAW the requirements of the AFMS Coding Manual.
Provide proof of specific vaccinations and CPR training that is required to work at the facility
Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain NACI clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability