SAIC is hiring a Network Monitoring Systems Administrator to support the NASA/NICS program in Huntsville, AL
- Ensure the day-to-day operation and ongoing support of NICS Network Management Servers and Systems including event, fault, configuration, and performance management systems.
- Provide guidance to network engineers/analysis on the configuration of SNMP/ICMP monitoring of interfaces to poll, gather, and report network status and performance.
- Develop solutions to monitor, notify, and correct anomalies/alarms.
- Work closely with System Administrators, vendors or other groups within the organization to correct problems or perform root cause analysis.
- Ensure that applications are installed, properly configured, and operating as-expected on production, development, or lab systems running on Redhat Linux and Windows environments.
- Configure COTS and open source applications and databases to support customer requirements.
- Analyze and make formal recommendations on optimization and capacity planning for systems.
- Design, develop, and maintain process automation scripts and utilities written in UNIX Shell, Python and Perl languages.
Work closely with database, UNIX, Windows, and Linux network system administrators
- data/telecommunication analysts; outside vendors; and application programmers in engineering solutions or resolving problems.
- Act as a consulting and training resource for NMS tools.
- Maintain custom web applications and wiki written in HTML. PHP and Perl languages.
- Write test plans and conduct product evaluations in lab environments.
- Ensure the day-to-day operation and ongoing support of Enterprise Network Management applications including event, fault, topology, configuration, and performance management systems.
- Ensure stability, viability and maintenance of the 24/7 mission-critical production environment.
- Prepare weekly reports on significant events. Write test plans and conduct product evaluations in a lab environments.
- Perform application account management activities.
- Participate on a 24/7 on-call rotation to support critical incident management events.
Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline and at least 2 years of systems or network management experience. Additional work experience is acceptable in lieu of a Degree.
- Advanced knowledge of SNMP/ICMP based monitoring solutions such as CA Spectrum, Cisco DNA-C, BMC BNA, MRTG, and/or other similar NMS tools.
- Experience in the design, installation, configuration, and support of enterprise applications and systems
- Solid understanding of data and telecommunication technologies and networking fundamentals.
- Candidate must have experience with both Microsoft and UNIX, preferably RedHat LINUX.
- Knowledge of best practices from large scale enterprise deployments.
- Security + and/or Network + certifications.
- Ability to produce and maintain Perl programs or shell scripts in a UNIX environment for automation and data migration between systems
- Able to develop web applications in Perl, PHP, HTML, and or similar web technologies.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability