Job ID: 1923819
Location: PYONGTAEK, Seoul, Korea, Republic of
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking for a Systems Administration professional to lead a team on the Korean Peninsula providing Mission Command Network Operations and Maintenance services to organizations and users serviced by the United States Army Command Information Systems Activity – Pacific (USACISA-P). This position is contingent upon contract award and will be located in Korea.
The position requires an understanding of Army C4IM services and Systems Operations. Under general direction, responsible for activities related to system administration and coordination with USACISA-P staff for day-to-day activities and implementing updates and modernization projects for systems and services. Assigns personnel to various projects, directs their activities, and evaluates their work. Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of USACISA-P. Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software and Operating Systems (OS). Implements OS enhancements that will improve the reliability, cybersecurity and performance of the systems, software, and services. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee). This position in designated Mission Essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
• Provide system administration and operating system support, to include hardware monitoring, for file, print, and common user application servers, and server farms/banks.
• Provide and install hardware, operating system, and software for file, print, and common user applications servers, and server farms/banks.
• Install security, operating system service packs, patches, and application updates and patches on all common user servers.
• Perform release management, to include commercial software, standard software, and site license management, for new system releases for NEC-managed systems.
• Perform system backups for each file, print, and common user applications server.
• Manage and ensure servers are compliant with STIGs/SCAP, up-to-date with latest patches, and scanned via ACAS monthly. Mitigate any findings and maintain plan of action and milestones (POA&M) and Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) entries, or future systems performing a similar function.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability