SAIC is looking for highly-motivated, talented individuals to become a part of a diverse engineering and technology team as a Test Engineer. Our mission is to supply optimal engineering, science and advanced technology solutions to the Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) support for the USAF Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Range and Network Directorate (SMC/RN) services to modernize and sustain the Launch and Test Range System (LTRS), the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) and the Space Training Acquisition Office (STAO).
Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including:
- concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
Specific test related tasks in support to RN (not all inclusive
- Shall assess Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E) test plans for sufficiency in verifying that project requirements have been met and user needs have been addressed.
- Consolidate (when RN is conducting or witnessing the test) and assess inputs provided to the Government deficiency database and present the results.
- Draft test plans and procedures for Government operational confidence testing.
- Assess and present Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) test plans for compatibility with operational requirements and transition criteria.
- Track the Operational Test Readiness Certification process.
- Will be a member of the Integrated Acceptance Transition Team and shall manage a transition to operations plan, which includes external and internal systems engineering concerns, across the government agencies and RN sustainment and development contractors.
The candidate for this position provides
technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of
data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, provides imaginative,
thorough, and practicable solutions consistent with organization objectives,
possesses complete understanding and wide application of technical principles,
theories, and concepts in the field, has general knowledge of other related
disciplines and provides direction to employees according to established
policies and management guidance.
- Clearance level: DoD Secret
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more of related experience; Masters (STEM) and three (3) years or more of related experience
- Participated with government workforce to establish plans and objectives
- Ability to recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
- Developing test strategies, schedules and documentation
- Providing guidance on programmatic issues and systems engineering life cycle consulting
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability