Job ID: 1923937
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 18, 2019
Category: Business Management
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
The Finance Shared Services (FSS) organization provides Accounts Receivable, Accounting Services & Development, Cash Collection, Project Setup, and Shared Services services within SAIC.
We are a dedicated world‐class finance organization built on a foundation of strong ethics and integrity, innovative business solutions, business insight and partnership, and leadership and career development that enables the successful execution of the enterprise strategy.
The FSS organization currently has an opening for an Accounting Associate position within the Project Setup department. This is an excellent opportunity to be exposed to the PS department and various other areas within FSS.
This position will be responsible for end to end project setup activities including initial project setup requirements and continued project maintenance. The selected candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of project setup activities. This includes understanding, interpreting and analyzing less complex to intermediate levels of contracts and proposals in order to gather requirements to design a project setup configuration that meets billing, revenue recognition, and reporting requirements.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
• Creating and maintaining direct project structure
• Leading project setup meetings
• Collaborating with multiple functional areas at all leadership levels
• Analyzing cost and billing issues and providing solutions that adhere to policy
• Candidate must be able to multi‐task in a fast paced environment with close supervision, which will require a flexible schedule and overtime.
• Candidate must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook and Word).
• Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline is required.
• Experience in Government Contracting. Previous exposure to SAIC policies and procedures and experience with Deltek Costpoint highly desirable.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability