SAIC is currently looking for a Process SME in Washington, DC to support the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program, Information Assurance Service Line.
The Process SME will play an integral role in helping increase the accuracy and reliability of the FISMA inventory by performing a full and thorough validation of the existing processes and data that IA and other IRM stakeholders maintain.
This effort includes:
(1) updating and streamlining processes, and application interfaces to refresh information automatically
(2) developing a common framework for categorizing assets in coordination with eGov Office and other stakeholders
(3) data validation
(4) ultimately to produce consistent, accurate and defendable reports for internal and external audiences (OMB, DHS, OIG, GAO and Congress).
The scope of this activity includes:
- Examining how IA defines FISMA reportable, developing consistent data type categories and terms to use in IA and in eGov Office in order to create standardized data types across inventory and capital planning tools. Standard Operating Procedures will be drafted that define interfaces, shared data, and data exchange rules to ensure that reporting information is consistent and accurate.
- Comparing the IA Inventory against other known datasets at the Department including the iMatrix Asset Inventory and the IT Modernization Inventory (Impact Initiative), as well as conducting face-to-face meetings with Bureau Portfolio partners to validate existing inventory and identify new and/or retired assets. In addition, IA will revisit the definition of a system per NIST 800-37 rev2, examine benchmarking, lessons learned, and implications for any recommended changes to the definition of a system.
The Process SME is a highly motivated individual that is responsible for defining, developing and improving operational processes, policies, roles and responsibilities and performance measurements to ensure program objectives are being met with optimal efficiency. Additionally, the position will monitor and perform product reviews, update and facilitate policies and procedures to enact continuous service improvement in a highly complex and dynamic environment.
The Process SME will report directly to the Vanguard 2.2.1 IA Service Line Director.
This position is primarily for normal business hours, Monday through Friday, however candidates must be available for after-hours and weekends escalations as necessary.
Description of Duties:
The Process SME is responsible for leading the process definition and improvements activities under the FISMA data validation project and will be responsible for the quality and maintenance of the products and processes for IA.
The Process SME is responsible for ensuring the FISMA data validation project is in compliance with IRM/IA’s requirements and Vanguard 2.2.1 contract requirements.
The Process SME is responsible for:
- Defining system and perform benchmarking
- Developing communications strategy
- Performing validation activities
- Revising and updating inventory
- Leading, coordinating, and facilitating the creation of stakeholder reviews of required documentations necessary to support achieving the FISMA data validation project.
- Participating/facilitating quality reviews of supporting documentation for IA’s Training initiatives necessary for stakeholder awareness of new and updated processes.
- Conducting analysis of operational processes (i.e. Incident, Problem, Configuration Management, Change Management, A&A, etc.) including current state analysis, gap analysis, benchmarking, best practices identification, organizational assessment and other related tasks.
- Assisting in monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of processes to ensure consistent value and quality delivery to the Program.
- Interviewing stakeholders to determine operational requirements and objectives, such as organization functions, inputs and outputs, and step-by-step procedures.
- Maintaining the IA’s Program’s Corrective/Preventive Action and Action Item Logs to include tracking action items and corrective action status for the project and reporting any quality issues to management in a timely manner.
- Recommending, planning and developing a strategy to implement process improvements, including: as-is and future to-be state and monitoring results to verify effectiveness.
- Documenting process definitions attributes and work flows, including visual diagrams where appropriate.
- Examine processes holistically to understand the impact of change on people, strategy, systems and general business operations; articulate and present process change recommendations to Government and Contractor staff
- Collecting, collating and analyzing process performance/metric data; provide data analysis and feedback to the IA Service Line Lead and Government Technical Monitor for process improvement initiatives.
- Interfacing with the customer and participating in all FISMA data validation project meetings.
Bachelors and 9+ years of related experience or additional years of experience in lieu of degree to include:
- Must be able to provide an independent assessment of how the IA’s processes are being implemented relative to the defined processes to optimize the current work.
- Must have demonstrated and proven skills in writing documentation (i.e. standard operating procedures, user guides, and similar products) to clearly disseminate relevant information to an enterprise-wide audience to increase user awareness and provide relevant and different types of materials.
- Extremely strong, proficient and demonstrated oral and written communication skills with experience working effectively with direct customer, senior management, project management team members, and technical staff members regarding communication and system issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with ability to work directly with customers, including VIP’s.
- Ability to draft and generate original document artifacts.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables, and exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and focus on delivery of products and services on time.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views as well as gives and welcomes feedback. Demonstrate an adaptive style that is flexible and effective in gaining cooperation of others.
- Knowledge in IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification a strong plus.
- Competency in Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office products, including Visio.
- Familiarity with BMC Remedy.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Experience with quality assurance, and quality control a plus.
- Experience with process definition and improvement
Clearance Requirement: SECRET (Active)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability