SAIC is seeking an aggressive and highly adaptable individual to join its
Procurement Team as a Subcontracts Principal.
Individual must be able to work in a high paced, team environment and
must be organized and detail oriented.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Develops, negotiates and administers subcontract agreements
and executes other aspects of the acquisition process in development of new
business proposals and resultant subcontract agreements of high dollar value,
risk, creativity and complexity.
- Has some autonomy for the assigned area of responsibility
and acts as staff expert for company practices and policies and governing
customer acquisition requirements for all procurement acquisition contract
- Responsible for the technical direction, leadership,
training and may supervise and serve as a mentor for less experienced staff.
- Works under limited direction and relies extensively on
independent judgment. Requires little instruction on progressively more complex
new assignments. May lead and direct multiple teams to obtain business
solutions on complex, nonstandard subcontract agreements.
- Works independently with good problem solving skills, while
keeping program and procurement management updated on the status of their
- Exercises a high degree of independent judgment in selecting
methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Requires a significant degree
of analytical ability to understand and interpret complex data and solve
- Requires comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience,
and the ability to perform non-routine job requirements within the scope of the
position. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments, may serve in a
lead role and provide guidance to other personnel. Analytical, communication,
and presentations skills needed as well as the ability to operate
independently. Advanced knowledge of business principles such as procurement,
business and contract law, finance and accounting. Requires broad-based
experience in procurement and related functions, with particular emphasis on
negotiation and contract administration.
- Regularly interacts with customers, management (at all
levels) and members of functional management with regard to acquisition
requirements and issue resolution. Represents Procurement in interactions with
senior management on a variety of subcontracting matters.
- Will be required to analyze proposals for all areas of
compliance (cost/schedule/T&C/technical/etc.) and will be involved in
supplier negotiations leading to subcontract and purchase order definitizations
associated with suppliers and subcontractors of various size and capabilities
within the industry. Must understand cost/price analysis concepts and tools and
be able to implement and complete analysis on complex supplier proposals and
- Ensures pre and post award compliance on the supplier’s
performance (cost, schedule, technical, SAIC policies and procedures, and all
other terms and conditions) of awarded agreements.
- Must have excellent understanding of the government acquisition process.
- Excellent knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation.
- Excellent negotiation, oral, and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility critical tasks simultaneously.
- CPSR Audit requirements, Price Analysis Techniques, Costpoint Purchasing System, Small Business Subcontracting Plans, Word Processing and Electronic Spreadsheets.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferably in Business Administration or related field and 8 years related experience.
SAIC Overview: SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 15,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in Reston, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability