Job ID: 1923869
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is looking for an Outreach/Strategic Communications Manager to provide expert leadership of outreach activities and strategic communications within the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense, Research and Engineering. The position requires close interaction with senior leadership staff within the Pentagon and across the Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition community, including Components, industry partners, academia, international partners, and associations. In coordination with senior government leadership, the outreach manager will work with the team to achieve organizational goals and objectives by administering the communications and public relations initiatives as determined by the larger organizational strategic planning process; advance the importance of systems engineering with relevant constituents (government, industry, academia, international partners); develop and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external associations and organizations.
-In coordination with leadership, develop a strategic communications plan for the customer.
- Facilitate engagement with the defense acquisition community by sponsoring the DoD Systems Engineering Forum.
- Coordinate with leadership to arrange, host, and/or represent the office as speakers at technical conferences and symposia.
- Support meetings with industry at senior leadership levels.
- Serve as editor for the development, production, and maintenance of the organization's internal and external communication vehicles.
- Develop and execute tactical strategic communications plans for customer initiatives, publications, and articles.
- Manage and monitor engagements with technical and professional organizations.
- Provide outreach support to international cooperative engagements including foreign delegation visits, NATO, and The Technical Cooperation Program.
- Support academic community outreach activities.
- Organize technical experts from government, industry, and academia to lead more than 10 sponsored webinars per year.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability