Counter Unmanned Aerial Systems (CUAS) Analyst
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1923865
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking an analyst to support the Office of the Secretary of Defense in the area of counter-unmanned-aerial-systems (CUAS).
The analyst will:
- Work with various stakeholders to provide strategic recommendations to the DoD on high visibility, cross-Governmental cooperative research and development.
- Perform senior analyst functions with primary emphasis on capability development related to CUAS.
- Align capability shortfalls with capability developers, providing analysis and decomposition of key capability shortfalls including technical and financial analysis of Courses of Action (COAs) to fill capability gaps.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field.
- 8 years of experience, 5 years in DoD acquisition and employment of unmanned aerial systems.
- In lieu of education 10 years experience
- Secret security clearance
- Experience with accelerated technology development and demonstration in both traditional and non-traditional acquisition processes.
- Experience in DoDI 5000 (Defense Acquisition), Joint Capabilities Integration and Developments System (JCIDs Requirements process).
- Experience aligning work products with DoD strategic priorities.
- Ability to develop technical products including analysis of technical feasibility, operational employment, commercially available technologies, existing/planned acquisition programs, and science and technology research in the CUAS domain.
- Ability to conduct research and analysis of capability gaps identified by the Services, Combatant Commands, and interagency partners
- Prior military experience in command and control, air operations, integrated air and missile defense, and defense support of civil authorities.
- Prior military experience in executive level operations, supporting strategic planning.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability