Job ID: 1923861
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Data Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC supports the mission of the Director of Defense Research and Engineering for Advanced Capabilities (DDRE(AC)) in the new Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)).
Our customers require a broad range of people, processes and technologies to assist in fulfilling their new Mission Engineering and Integration/Mission Engineering/Systems Engineering, and Assistant Directors (ADs) for Technology Modernization roles and responsibilities.
We seek an on-site Data Engineer directly supporting the Director for Engineering Policy & Systems [see https://www.acq.osd.mil/se/]. The on-site data analyst lead will work with a team of SAIC reach-back data science / architecture subject matter experts to help our customer achieve a number of data-centric goals:
· Support Independent Technical Risk Assessments of weapon systems and technology areas
Successful candidates will have deep data science / analysis background within a DoD acquisitions context. You will use your knowledge to learn and apply data analysis practices in the areas of Systems Engineering to improve the lethality of the United States’ most advanced military technologies.
Job responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
· Data requirements definition; collect, store, manage data; data cleansing
· Data analysis to include development of interim and final products
· Use of various data analysis tools to include Excel, R, miniTab, SPSS
· Data visualization using COTS products to include Qlik, Tableau, and Excel
· Lead for development and implementation of data analysis internal processes
· Develop and/or provide data analysis input and recommendations to abstracts, briefs, information papers, and whitepapers
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability