The Network Engineer reports directly to the Infrastructure Service Delivery Manager (SDM) and will join the Data Center operations team in support of the City of Anaheim’s network including supporting network operations, Wireless Network (WLAN), Switches, Routers, Firewalls and Load Balancers. The Network Engineer will work closely with the Network Operations Center in Oak Ridge, TN to ensure Service Levels are being met and interface with the City IT Staff to communicate architecture and environment security and life cycle management.
• Coordinate and provide oversight with the Network Operations Center (NOC) to ensure compliance with security, support and issue resolution
• Work with the larger Infrastructure and Data Center team to ensure that the Service Now inventory is complete and accurate in accordance with our Service Level Requirements
• Coordinate maintenance & patching of non-NOC managed devices within the City’s environment
• Maintain availability through baselining uptime, introducing or maintaining high availability, monitoring of critical systems
• Track physical devices and provide weekly capacity and event reporting as needed to the leadership team
• Work with the SAIC NOC to maintain the City’s WLAN network including securing, inventory, patching, testing and upgrading (life cycle) as needed all devices and ensure end user connectivity to those devices
• Operate, maintain and modernize the all Internet connectivity and Wide Area network devices
• Lifecycle management and technology refresh planning for the City’s network infrastructure
• Coordinate with the SAIC NOC to manage all circuits, routing protocols, and help manage the Internet bandwidth consumption
• Support performance management, reporting and recommendations to improve the network for consumption by the City IT staff and SAIC leadership team
• Configure and manage virtual network topology, including VPN services, provisioning, monitoring and management of methods to secure connectivity to data center services
• Train and oversee hands-on network support by locally based technicians
- Bachelors of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management
Information Systems and Five (5) years or more of related experience;
Masters and three (3) years or more of related experience.
- Experience in process enhancement, developing and implementing policies and procedures for the Operations team based on ITIL and PMP principals
• Must possess strong written and verbal communicators, able to communicate with team members, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization.
• Direct "hands on" technical experience with one or more network service areas, i.e., Palo Alto Firewall, Cisco Switches and Routers, Aruba Wireless Access Points, Extreme Network Switches
• Cisco CCNP or higher certifcation
- Experience working in commercial and local governments
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation Certification.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to
analyze, identify and direct resolution of technical, administrative and
- Experience in supporting productivity enhancements and
decreasing costs of service delivery through technology refresh,
benchmarking and optimization of services, least-cost analysis or total
cost of ownership analysis, and continuous process improvement.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability