Veterans Affairs Expert Integration Engineer - Remote
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1923747
Location: , United States
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Sys Integration
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
SAIC is deploying a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals to provide technical management and support services that will assist in delivering effective, consistent and timely project management execution throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). SAIC is seeking an Expert Integration Engineer to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Benefits, Appeals and Memorials (BAM) Enrollment System Modernization (ESM) project team to build bridges between Enrollment systems and other teams including VET360, Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM)/Cerner, and downstream dependencies.
Duties to include:
- Provide technical/engineering support and be involved with technical details of ESM and associated systems
- Develop and/or work with other ESM PMO team members on a communication plan for the dependent systems
- Create strategies and plans for integration of multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained
- Coordinate with development and end-user teams to assess risks, goals, and requirements, and ensure that all are adequately addressed in the ongoing development of a large-scale DevOps project
- Lead technical integration efforts with authority over development and implementation teams, and responsibility for coordinating across multiple IT groups that manage dependent or underlying systems
- Identify all upstream and downstream dependencies and develop an approach to address these dependencies in ongoing development efforts
- Manage interdependencies between multiple VA IT systems
- Assist VA project managers with the development of high-quality responses to internal and external information requests by translating technical information from disparate sources into executive-level communications
- Provide project management support to include planning/scheduling, risk management and mitigation processes, stakeholder communications, release management, regular status reporting, documentation, etc.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent discipline with at least 15 years of work experience in relevant related field(s).
Experience providing project management/integration support to a government client.
Comfort acting in a trusted advisor, objective third-party capacity to federal clients, providing consultative services and thought leadership.
Ability to work independently, requiring limited oversight/direction.
- Microsoft Office suite of tools and Microsoft SharePoint
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Experience supporting the VA
- Familiarity with VA OIT processes,
SAFe and DevOps
- Knowledge of and success performing in a role
within a Project Management Office for large programs in the federal government
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability